Vegan a tomato & Cashew Curry 🍛 Created by @365cleaneats 💕 .
Shared Via @GlowingPlants ✨🌿 #GlowingPlants
Save For Your Weekly Grocery List 📝 .
1 medium onion(150g) chopped
1 small carrot (120g) chopped
150g butternut squash, chopped
60g roasted or raw cashew nuts (soaked in hot water for 20 minutes and rinsed)
4 cloves garlic
1 cherry tomato can (or normal tomato can)
1-1.5 cups (240-360 ml) coconut milk ( or more if you wish)
1/2 cup water
2-2.5 Tbsp. curry powder (or more you wish)
1.5-2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1.5 tsp pink salt
1.5 tsp smoked sweet paprika
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp coriander powder (Other)
Your choice of protein such as chickpeas or tofu
Rice, naan, or bread
Fresh coriander leaves .
1. In a medium pot, sauté onion and 2 cloves sliced garlic with 1 Tbsp olive oil for a few minutes. Add pinch of pink salt and continue to sauté until they become tender.
2. Add smoked sweet paprika, garam masala, coriander powder, curry powder, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Stirring constantly for a few minutes.
3. Add pumpkin, carrot. Continue to heat for a few more minutes.
4. Add tomato, water, maple syrup, salt, and tamari, and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and cover with a lid. Simmer it for 30minutes with a small flame.
5. In a blender, place everything from the pot, 2 cloves garlic, cashew nuts, and blend well. Place it to back the pot.
6. Add 1-1.5 cups coconut milk (more or less) according to your preference. Heat it for 5 minutes with medium to small flame. It‘s easy to burn, so be careful.
7. Add your choice of protein such as chickpeas or tofu and heat it until warm. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with fresh coriander and rice, naan, or bread