Nothing is better on a cold winter❄️ day like a bowl of soup…and this Hearty (healthy) Minestrone is my new fav! ⠀
Lots of veggies, rich broth, some tiny little pasta shells (@cervasi_italian_foods of course), and there you have. A perfect hug 🤗 in a bowl.⠀
I eat this for lunch all of the time, but I also like to serve soups at dinner parties. Why? Welp…let me count the reasons...⠀
1. I can make it in advance and simply have it simmering away on my stove until we are ready to eat. (note, if the soup reduces too much, just add some water and a bit of salt:)
2. Soup is casual, so everyone is super relaxed... all tucked in around your table. And who doesn't feel better after eating a homemade bowl of soup??
3. I serve this with a light green salad, a toasted baguette, and a couple of bottles of Sauvignon Blanc. ⠀
4. A few votives on the table and linen napkins…really that’s all you need. Oh, except the….
5. Music, I always have music in the background….don't forget the music. It really sets the mood. I like to either play smooth jazz or an old school playlist. Everyone starts telling stories of what they were doing when that song was on the radio. We laugh go back in time a bit, and I just love it.
Let’s relax, laugh, create some memories and enjoy the moment. Recipe link on my profile. ⠀